Rice krispies treats are a classic snack that are easy to turn into a fun favor for a holiday party, a bridal shower, or even your wedding. All you need to do is make the original Rice Krispies Treats recipe and let your creative juices flow! I made stars for a holiday party and was very happy with how easy they were to make:
The Original Treats (from Ricekrispies.com)Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- - OR -
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies®
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
To make the stars:
1. Press the rice krispies mixture onto a pan as thick or as thin as you want the stars. I made my stars thinner because I wanted to make more out of the batch. Use a cookie cutter to cut out stars.
2. Dip the blunt end of a bamboo skewer into melted candy coating or melted chocolate and insert into cut-out star. This will help the skewer stay in place. If you have a thicker star cut out, you could also use lollipop sticks. If using bamboo skewers, trim off the pointed end with kitchen shears.
3. Once the stars are set in the skewers, coat with melted candy coating (I used Wilton's) and decorate with sprinkles. I had originally planned on dipping the whole star in melted candy coating, but after I tested one it was just way to sweet for the treat, so I just spread the candy coating like icing on one side of the star.