Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Wedding Cupcake Craze Part 1 of 3: DIY Cupcake Wrappers


For some reason, this red poppy plastic plate from Target got my creative juices flowing.  I love the dramatic combination of red, black, and white, and so I've used those colors to make these cupcake-related projects (and probably went a little overboard with the theme, but you get the idea!)

Cupcake Project #1: Cupcake Wrappers
The continued popularity of cupcakes remains strong--you see specialty cupcakes stores everywhere nowadays!  They pop up in weddings in lieu of tiered wedding cakes or as wedding favors to take home.  Making your own cupcake wrappers is a simple and fun way to incorporate your wedding theme into your cupcakes and to make them look even fancier!

Materials:
- Cupcake wrapper template (Template from Offbeat Bride)
- Decorative paper/Paper doily
- Scissors/Decorative edge scissors
- Glue
- Optional: paper punches

Paper Doily Cupcake Wrapper:





Use the cupcake template to trace along the edge of a paper doily, cut it out, and glue edges together.

Decorate Edge Cupcake Wrapper:


Paper Punch Cupcake Wrappers:



* These are Martha Stewart paper punches that you can get at any general crafts store like Michael's or Joann Fabrics.


And that's all there is to it!  (Please excuse my terrible job at icing my cupcakes!)  Part 2 will feature simple cupcake toppers.

Have fun!

3 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    I love this idea! Could you possibly tell me what size doilies you used?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe they were 10 inches in diameter - but I'm not 100% sure because it was awhile ago!

      Delete
  2. I’ve been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before. wedding photographer singapore

    ReplyDelete