Wednesday, March 16, 2011

It is finished! - Northshore Cardigan -

I have officially completed my first step to becoming a grandmother--after spending a LOT more time than I initially predicted, I have finished knitting this cardigan for Al.  I used a free pattern: Lion Brand Yarn's Northshore Cardigan.  This was my first time doing any cable knitting, and at first it was a lot of fun.  (Then I started wondering if I was ever going to finish this thing before it got too warm to wear a thick, wool cardigan!)  Overall, it this took me about two months of casual knitting to complete.

Front:

Back:

Side:

I highly recommend this pattern--I thought it was really simple to follow and very beginner-friendly.  Once you get a hang of the cable pattern, it repeats over and over on the front panels and the sleeves.  (Before this, I've only knit scarves and little purses).  I used Paton's Classic Wool yarn just because it happened to be on sale.  Maybe when I become more skilled I will spend more money on the fancy yarns at specialty yarn shops. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment