Sunday, January 9, 2011

Wine Cork Bulletin Board

Last summer, after moving out of her place, Lauren gave me a bag full of old wine corks.  I had noticed her collection before she moved, and was excited to do something with them since she still didn't know what she wanted to do with them.  For a while this bag of corks just sat around my room until I saw a wine-cork wreath at another friend's house.  Somehow, this grabbed my attention and I thought about what I wanted to do with that bag of wine corks Lauren had given me.  This led to the creation of my first (and so far..only...) wine cork bulletin board!


Materials:
  • wine corks
  • hot glue gun
  • wooden photo frame
Steps:
  1. If you don't have enough wine corks--cut each one in half length-wise.  I used a kitchen bread knife, which worked okay for me.  (but was still a pain!)
  2. ARRANGE the wine corks into a pattern on the backboard of the photo frame.  I chose to go with straight rows because I thought it looked neater in the small space that I had.  Next time, I might alternate with horizontal and vertical pieces.  Make sure to leave enough space around the edges to fit in the frame.
  3. GLUE each piece down using a hot glue gun.
  4. Remove glass from the photo frame and pop the board back in.  The frame now makes a nice border around the wine corks.
  5. DONE!
Super easy, yes?  If you're having a wine-themed wedding, make a wine cork bulletin board to display seating cards for the reception or to post directions or other wedding-related signs.  =)

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment