Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween Cupcakes

In the spirit of the "holiday" season--here is my favorite Halloween cupcake recipe from Bon Appetit.  The cupcake is a pumpkin flavored cupcake with cream cheese frosting.  The proportions for cream cheese frosting are what I use for all other cupcakes that I make, and they are really easy to remember!  If you want to make a chocolate cream cheese frosting, just add a bit of cocoa powder to the frosting mixture.

Last year, I found some great images of Halloween cupcakes and really wanted to make some cute ones.  What came out were these little monsters (sorry, I don't remember where I originally saw how to make these) made with candy corn, necco wafers, and chocolate clay eyeballs.  Instead of chocolate clay, you could use chocolate frosting or mini m&ms.  I just thought it would be fun to try making chocolate clay (which is just melted chocolate and corn syrup).

Happy Halloween!!

No comments:

Post a Comment